Many of you might have heard about widgets and may have some idea about it. Widget is something that you may use to add any new features or functionalities in your website or on your desktop. There are different kind widgets available which includes web widgets, desktop widgets and social widgets. But have you ever heard about magento widgets?
What is magento widget?
Magento widgets are nothing but magento extensions available with already defined set of configuration options. With the help of magento widgets online store owner or user managing online store can enhance or improve the front-end blocks functionality.
It offers great amount of extensibility and authority for developing informative and marketing information or contents from magento admin area. It empowers any novice users to smoothly create or add various information like- contents or products for their online store pages. It is possible to incorporate magento widgets in magento versions greater than 1.4.
It is possible to implement magento widgets in different ways, few of them are mentioned below:
• For creating impulsive product data
• Dynamic lists in accordance with most recently visited items
• Possible implement widgets in order to set various promotional images on various sections of online store
• Highly interactive navigation components
• Impulsive flash components which can be easily configured and incorporated within product or content pages
Let’s have a look on steps to install magento widgets:
• Get the most appropriate widget of your choice & get its extension key from respective magento page by clicking on extension key tab, accept the agreement of extension and by clicking once again same button you will be able to see the extension key for widget.
• Once you get extension key, then follow the procedure mentioned here: Admin panel->System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager. Authenticate yourself once by providing username and password and use extension key to the section showing “Paste Extension Key”, which install that field by clicking install button.
• After finishing installation activate widget for your home page. From admin panel just go to CMS->pages.
• Click on home page link and open content area and select insert widget icon which will cause one new window to open where you have to select widget type from list and then select insert widget option which will cause widget to be installed.
• Save the changes and visit your home page, there you will find your recently added widget.
In this article we are at SpinxWebDesignFlorida.com makes available basic details of magento widgets, their possible implementation and steps to install the magento widget on your site.
Copyright © 2012